Tuesday, June 4, 2013

ONE NEW THING WEEK 23

Here's yet another project I can cross off my list.  I've been wanting to make a patchwork pillow for my new chair in my sewing room! I have tons quite a bit of feedsack fabrics which I absolutely love.  I went through my stash and picked out all the prints with little animals for my pillow. Here's the finished product...
 

It looks much bigger than it actually is...it's about 15 x 10 inches. Other than the fabric, I started this with no real plan in mind, but I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.  You can't see it, but I actually machine stitched the binding as opposed to finishing it by hand. I thought this might be a little more secure as I made an envelope enclosure with Kona Snow as opposed to installing a zipper. I even made my own custom insert with muslin as I love a really 'stuffed' pillow.  Every time I work with these vintage repro fabrics I realize how much I love them and how I should bring them out more often.  I have been adding to my stash of them for years, probably since I first started quilting! There is such a great variety and I love the sweet prints and colours!  I'm in love with my little pillow and will definitely be making more!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment