Sunday, February 24, 2013

ONE NEW THING WEEK 9!

Oatmeal Cookies with Butterscotch Chips!

Well...I didn't get around to working on my Y-seams this week (see previous post) but I did make these cookies which have been on my list for ages!  Nothing fancy...they're just oatmeal cookies but with butterscotch chips!  For some reason, I've never used butterscotch chips.  I've bought them before but ended up just eating them out of the bag.  Anyway, these cookies are delicious! They're quite different from oatmeal cookies I've made in the past.
 


They spread out quite a bit on the cookie sheet (perhaps due to the 1 1/2 pounds of butter) and they are quite flat. I had to eat three just to make sure they were okay!  (Guess I'm going to the gym later!)
They're called Scotchies and the recipe is from this book...
 
 
This was a gift last year from my nephew.  The recipes are from a bakery in New York City of the same name - Milk & Cookies.  This is the third recipe I've made from the book.  I made the biscotti and it turned out perfectly.  I have a plan to work my way through this book making every recipe.  Some are quite complicated so I'm not sure how successful I'll be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment