Sunday, February 10, 2013

ONE NEW THING WEEK 7

Sugar Cookie Bars!!!
 

I think sugar cookes are my favourite cookie of all (especially those made by my SIL - Hi Jeanette - who makes the absolute BEST sugar cookies)!  However, some of us are too lazy busy to spend all that time making the dough, chilling it, rolling it out, cutting them out, blah, blah, blah!! Anyway, I came across this recipe (on Pinterest, I think) and decided to give it a try! They are actually very tasty and a quick alternative to the actual cookie. This one is definitely a keeper.  The only change I made was to the icing.  I cut the recipe in half thinking they would already be sweet enough - and they are!  I think they would also be delicious without the icing!
 
I also managed to put a new fabric stack together...
 
 
I love these bright colours and polka dots! I fell in love with the print on the bottom (found on Etsy) and bought 2 1/2 yards with no idea what I was going to do with it!  I finally decided on a Road Trip Quilt (tutorial here)! I thought it would be a great way to show off this cute print! I've made at least one quilt from this tutorial and I love the way it turned out. It's a great pattern when you only have one print!  I think I may even do straight line quilting on this one!
 
 
 
 
I managed to get the pieces cut out but haven't started on the layout yet.  I'm a little OCD when it comes to laying out my quilts. It takes me forever and I tend to procrastine. I spend a ton of time moving things around, taking pictures, etc., trying to get the perfect balance of colour.  It drives me crazy when the same colour touches - not sure where that comes from! I'm really looking forward to finishing this one as it includes some of my favourite fabrics and colours and I can't wait to see the end result!


No comments:

Post a Comment