Sunday, January 13, 2013

WEEK 3 OF 52 NEW THINGS & A QUILT FINISH (FINALLY)!

For Week 3 of 52 New Things for 2013 I made Lemon Crinkle Cookies (recipe found here!)
The cookies turned out great. They were delicious!  The only alteration I made to the recipe was adding 1/4 teaspoon of lemon extract.  The cookies had a subtle lemon flavour - I think next time I will add 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon extract.  The dough was a bit sticky so I hope this won't throw things off too much.  Anyway, here's a picture...

There's even a few left to take to work tomorrow!

And...I actually managed to finish a quilt (I think my last finish was well before Christmas)!
This was a semi-custom order for a work colleague (I hope he likes it)!


When I was looking it over after it came out of the dryer I noticed the quilting on this block...


It made me think of a puppy's paw which is kind of funny since this fabric is Puppy Park!
Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the way this quilt turned out. I love the simple, clean lines! I wouldn't normally use black in a baby or child's quilt, but I think it works here and makes the other colours pop! I used two charm packs (42 squares total) and a little Kona Snow for the sashing. The back is a coordinating print and the binding came from my stash (yay!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment