Sunday, January 6, 2013

LET'S TALK RESOLUTIONS!

Okay...Like most people, I usually make resolutions at this time of the year, and for the most part, I'm pretty good at sticking to them. (A few in the past included reading the newspaper every day and becoming a vegetarian.) This year, along with the usual ones (lose weight, exercise more, stop procrastinating, blah, blah, blah), I resolve to try something new I've wanted to do once a week and have been putting off for various reasons.  It can be something I've wanted to cook/bake/sew/quilt/etc., but never got around to doing. For week one I made a batch of biscotti!  I used a basic recipe and it turned out great.  This week, it was a Dresden plate quilt block...


I think it turned out great! It's a little bigger than I thought it would be (about 12 inches) and I had to make more blades than I thought. I used my EZ Dresden ruler. I'm going to make another one with a 30 degree ruler. I think I might use this one for a cushion. It was actually quite easy and I really enjoyed making it! Why did I wait so long! Haven't decided yet on next week's project!

No comments:

Post a Comment