Thursday, April 24, 2014

No Turning Back Now!

Well...I did it!  I cut into my treasured bundle of Flea Market Fancy!  I think when I first started quilting and became enamored with fabric, the first release of FMF was at the tail end.  I always loved it but never found any to buy except for small bits here and there on Etsy at prohibitive prices.  I was so excited when it was re-released and purchased a FQ bundle for myself plus some yardage in my favourite prints here! After spending ages a little while admiring the beautiful stack, I finally decided on a pattern, put a new blade in my cutter, and got started cutting!
 
 
I am making one small change to the pattern (naturally). Instead of 8 1/2-inch squares of several focus fabrics, I'm going to stick with all patchwork blocks. I'm so excited to get started on this quilt and I can't wait to see how it turns out!  It's been ages since I made myself a quilt. Now...to get those blocks made!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment