Friday, April 4, 2014


At long last I finished up a little project I've been working on for quite a while! I have a habit of starting projects willy-nilly with no real plan in mind, crossing my fingers and holding my breath hoping it will turn out!  Usually sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.  In this case, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome...
I've been wanting to try the QAYG method for ages.  For this bag I loosely followed a basic bag pattern but used the QAYG method for making the panels.  I cut batting slightly larger than the required measurements and trimmed them down to the correct size and constructed the bag as per the instructions. It turned out pretty good but there are a few areas I will change next time around! The flour label was cut from a piece of fabric originally purchased to make curtains for my sewing room but I couldn't resist cutting into it - it's entirely made up of vintage flour sack labels!  Who could resist! I see many more of these cute bags in my future.  This one will be used for my EPP projects.
Linking up with Amanda Jean!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment