Sunday, July 14, 2013

VINTAGE FINDS!!!

I'm so excited to show you these little vintage items I found while on our trip to Osoyoos! I have slowly been adding items to my sewing room and I'm always on the lookout for anything vintage-y!

The first is this adorable tablecloth...


The tag says it was made in 1940! It's in beautiful condition with only a tiny very faint stain - it was obviously well taken care of! It measures about three feet square with applique and embroidery in each corner!  I especially love this little cottage and the crocheted trim.

I also found this at the same shop in Osoyoos...


I couldn't resist this turquoise Ball canning jar!  The colour doesn't show well in this photo, but it is beautiful.

I was so inspired by my little finds, we stopped on our way home at Hamel's Fabrics, and I picked out these...

 
Hamel's is about an hour and a half away from home so I don't get a chance to go there too often.  They have an amazing selection of fabric and notions including TONS of pre-cuts! I'm definitely on a feedsack kick right now! Can't wait to get these washed and ironed so I can cut into them! Want to get back to my EPP and baby scrappy trip quilt!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment