Sunday, March 31, 2013

ONE NEW THING WEEK 14

 
So...here's something that has been on my list for ages!  A Sparkle Punch baby quilt! I loved Elizabeth's Sparkle Punch quilt when I first saw it. However, the thought of making all those stars was overwhelming. I love star blocks - I just don't like making them, and a baby-size quilt seemed more do-able! I put together this stack...
 

 
(Oh how I love making fabric stacks!)  This is quite different from what I usually pick, but I keep picturing the quilt in a softer colour palette!  I decided to make the stars a bit smaller - I'm cutting my squares at 3 inches instead of 3 1/2 inches.  I haven't really done any math for this - I have a rough idea of the size of the finished quilt in my head and just started cutting (how unlike me)!  Here's what I have so far...
 
 
Love it!  I spent a few hours this afternoon making star points. I have a bad habit of giving the points too much 'wonk' (is that a word?) and find I have to re-do some of them which is so !#$%^& frustrating!  I'm challening myself to finish up the top by the end of the week!
 
And...I managed to make about 50 of these this past week...
 
 
I bought the bunny cookie cutter a few years ago and finally got around to using it!  These turned out great and I had tons of fun making them!
 
Happy Easter!
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a fresh colour palette and so perfect for a baby quilt! I am sure it will look fantastic! You mustn't worry about how wonky some stars look, I had the same worry and at the end it all came up nicely.

    Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog, I am hoping to show some pics next week of the finished quilt top. Fingers crossed and I have the endurance to iron all those seems!!!

    PS the cookies look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete