Saturday, May 16, 2015

What I'm Working On!

Or should that be...'what I'm not working on!'
I used to fret about having too many projects on the go. Too many quilt tops, too many partial blocks made, too many stacks of fabric waiting to be cut up, not to mention too many books, patterns, magazines, etc. Fabric to be washed, fabric to be bought, decisions made about what quilt to make with what fabric...anyway, you get the idea...right?!
But slowly I have come to realize...it's not a race.  There is no rush to complete projects other than the simple fact so that I can move on to something else.  And that is precisely why I like having several projects on the go. There is not always time to baste and quilt a project...but there is time to work on blocks, such as these guys...
 

 
Fun to make but a little time-consuming.  When I find myself with a little time to sew, I can sit down at my machine and make a couple of these in half an hour or so!  They are a great way to use up scraps, too! So now, instead of coming into my sewing room and turning around and walking out, I allow myself the simple pleasure of working on whatever project I feel like and whatever time permits!
 

2 comments:

  1. You sound a lot like me! I very rarely finish a quilt before I begin a new one. I have far too many patterns I want to make and far too much fabric, but the fun is doing the project you have in front of you now. Your block looks fresh. I cringe at triangles because I can't seem to get them right. Yes, very time consuming, but the end result is the prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I agree! I love these little blocks...I am obsessed with granny squares!

      Delete