Sunday, April 14, 2013

ONE NEW THING WEEK 16!

A Tisket, a tasket...!  Sorry...hope that doesn't get stuck in your head.  I'm not even sure of the rest of the words!
Anyway, for this week's new thing I decided to tackle something that has been in the back of my mind for ages! A basket quilt - a modern one like a few I've seen popping up here and there in the blogging world. I checked this book out of the library again (I think this is my third time - perhaps I should just buy a copy)!
 

 
Without a little quilting experience, I think these basket blocks would be really challenging.  I decided to make up a test block...
 
 
I was pretty sure that handle was going to give me trouble...and it did!  After a few trials I managed to get it done and I think the block turned out pretty good.  I loved making this little block, even though it took ages a while! I love free-piecing without worrying about precise cutting or matching seams!   I'm planning on a small baby quilt with these blocks. This project is moving to the top of my list (okay, as soon as I finish that !#$%& star quilt)!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment