Sunday, March 13, 2011

THE FIRST CUT IS THE DEEPEST!

I finally got started on my citrus Juice Boxes quilt. This is the third quilt I've made from this pattern and I LOVE it more each time! It took me FOREVER to decide if I wanted to add in Kona white or just use the prints. It's amazing how I can become paralyzed by these decisions. Sometimes I just have to force myself to pick up my blade and cut. In the end I'm usually happy with the results. I hope to have the top pieced this week.
In the meantime I'm having lots of fun with "sewing" projects. I've never considered myself a sewer per se, but I'm learning. There are so many fabulous tutorials out there and I'm enjoying the challenge (and frustration) of trying some of them out. My mom was a fabulous sewer and I regret not paying more attention when she was sewing and asking her to teach me. I just wasn't interested at the time. How I would love to have her expertise now. I'm not sure if I "inherited" her sewing genes - maybe time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment