Friday, February 3, 2017

Another Finish!

I think I'm on a roll here...which is a good thing!  I had finished up this cute little patchwork quilt top ages quite a while ago but was completely stumped as to how to quilt it...


I didn't want to go with my traditional meandering, and straight lines seemed a bit boring.  In the end I came up with a design of slightly wavy lines with leaves interspersed, which I used every second row of quilting with plain wavy lines in between.  Here's a close-up...


I think it turned out pretty good. You can still see all the cute prints without the quilting being too distracting! Coming up with a quilt design was a little challenging with this fabric (Tiger Lily). There are so many directional prints. In the end I decided to do just random patchwork which I really like and I think worked out well. 
How do you quilt your modern quilts? 
Linking up with Finish It Up Friday!
Have a great weekend.

2 comments: