Monday, July 22, 2013

ONE NEW THING WEEK 28!

Furniture refinishing! 
 
 
This adorable little bench was living in my dad's basement - in fact, he kept the laundry detergent on it! I decided it needed a new home (with me).  It's in pretty rough shape - it looks like it's had at least three or four coats of paint and it's a little banged up, but I love it!  My dad remembers it being in his mother's house as far back as the 1930s, but he's not sure where it came from or who made it. I think it's adorable and it's going to have a new home in my sewing room after it's had a nice coat of robin's egg blue!  In an effort to be environmentally friendly, I purchased non-toxic paint stripper!  It took a lot of time and effort on the part of my husband to get the paint off. We finally got it down to the bare wood and it's ready for a good sanding and a few coats of paint!  Can't wait to see how it looks in my sewing room!


No comments:

Post a Comment